Deployment Architecture

Splitting huge savedsearches.conf file into multiple files

xeyer10891
Engager

Hello team !

After unsuccessful research on the Internet / Splunk doc, I am turning to you for my question:
- Let's say I have 50 alerts in a single app, that are all stored in my file $SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/<appname>/default/savedsearches.conf.

- For version control / code management, I want to split this single savedsearches.conf into multiples savedsearches.conf files so that developers can work with a folder directory looking like this:
| default |
| - | alerts |
| - | - | category_1_alerts |
| - | - | category_1_alerts | savedsearches.conf
| - | - | category_2_alerts |
| - | - | category_2_alerts | savedsearches.conf

- I tried without success on my Splunk instance. I don't know if it is possible, and if it this, I don't know if there are some statements to make in code (e.g. #include <filename>)

Have a nice day 🙂

PS :  In my version control / code management tool, I can always resort to concatenating all my files together when packaging Splunk code if I don't manage to find a better answer.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @xeyer10891,

no it isn't possible.

the only workaround is dividing alerts in different apps, but it isn't possible have a structured savedsearch.conf or local folder.

Ciao.

Giuseppe 

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @xeyer10891,

no it isn't possible.

the only workaround is dividing alerts in different apps, but it isn't possible have a structured savedsearch.conf or local folder.

Ciao.

Giuseppe 

xeyer10891
Engager

Thanks a lot!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @xeyer10891,

see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...