Deployment Architecture

Why isn't my SmartStore OpenStack Swift configuration working?

medinjor
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi Team,

I'm having some issues using OpenStack Swift as s3 for SmartStore. I have the following configuration in my indexes.conf:

[default]
remotePath = volume:s3volume/$_index_name
repFactor = auto[volume:s3volume]
storageType = remote
path = s3://test
remote.s3.endpoint = https://objectstore-3.eu-nl-1.cloud.com
remote.s3.access_key = 6cbb2###########
remote.s3.secret_key = 20506###########
remote.s3.auth_region = eu-nl-1

When pushing the config I'm getting this error message:

<Message>The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method.</Message>

But when using the following command I'm able to push the file into the s3 using the same configuration:

/opt/splunk/bin/splunk cmd splunkd rfs -- putF /opt/splunk/bin/test.x.txt volume:s3volume

I tried changing the signature version and am still having the same issue.

Does anybody know how I can fix this or why is this happening? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

vzabawski
Path Finder

"Too little too late", but hope it might lead someone to the solution.

When I was setting up some backup client to work with Openstack Swift, there was a parameter

s3.path.style.access: true  

Without this parameter, connection to Swift didn't work properly. Maybe it's the same case, since googling this error message lead me to cases when paths in S3 were malformed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...