Deployment Architecture

Slave-apps folder not showing on indexers(Peer nodes)?

ssuluguri
Path Finder

Hi team,

Recently I have upgraded splunk 8.1.4 to 9.0.2 on all my instances , upgrade success and all components and its members and up,Healthy .

today I logged into one of the indexer and looking for one app under slave-app folder but the slave-app folder is not showing under etc folder . Is it happened due to upgrade or any other chances ?

Can anyone help on this .

Labels (1)
0 Karma

LRF
Path Finder

Hi @ssuluguri ,

Prior to Splunk Enterprise version 9.0, the cluster manager used the master-apps directory as the configuration bundle repository. Starting with 9.0, a new directory called manager-apps was added to the cluster manager as a replacement for master-apps

The peer nodes used the slave-apps directory as the configuration bundle repository. Starting with 9.0, peer-apps replaces slave-apps. If your peer node was upgraded from a pre-9.0 version, the slave-apps directory was renamed to peer-apps during the upgrade process.

Additional information can be found in the Managing Indexers and Clusters of Indexers guide section

Hope this will help you, have a nice day!

Fabrizio

ssuluguri
Path Finder

Thanq for sharing the valuable information Fabrizio

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...