Deployment Architecture

Skipped search - Is it possible to have skipped reports due to the nobody user?

robertlynch2020
Motivator

I am having a lot of skipped reports - but I think it is due to the nobody user.

Increasing the system setting in limits.conf does not have an impact on reports that runs for NOBODY.

On a beta site, I increase the number of max_hist_searches to a huge number but I still get the same errors. 

robertlynch2020_1-1649953242280.png

Other users can have unlimited, but because this role is not official am I correct to say I need to give all these alerts.

robertlynch2020_3-1649953390152.png

This is the reason I am getting. So i think if i assign the reports to a user, it will fall under a role and then it will work?

robertlynch2020_2-1649953263238.png

robertlynch2020_0-1649954206010.png

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's a good idea (IMO) to create a service account (or several) to use for scheduled reports.  The account can be assigned a role with higher limits than normal users so reports are less likely to be canceled.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's a good idea (IMO) to create a service account (or several) to use for scheduled reports.  The account can be assigned a role with higher limits than normal users so reports are less likely to be canceled.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...