Deployment Architecture

Single-server Splunk (S1) on windows server 2012 2-node failover cluster - good idea?

yangtse
Explorer

We need a High Availability (HA) Splunk Environment. The ideal architecture would be Distributed Clustered Deployment + SHC - Single Site (C3 / C13), which includes a 2-node Indexer Cluster, 3-node Search Head Cluster, 1 Deployment Server, etc.

But, we only have 2 available servers-virtual machine with Win 2012. So, I'm thinking to build a 2-node Windows Server Failover Cluster, then install a Single Splunk Server (S1) (one instance includes Search Head and Indexer) on this cluster. Is this possible?

I don't have much experience on Splunk architecture. I did research online, seems no one mentioned this solution. Is this a good idea? any Pros and Cons? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...