Deployment Architecture

Single-server Splunk (S1) on windows server 2012 2-node failover cluster - good idea?

yangtse
Explorer

We need a High Availability (HA) Splunk Environment. The ideal architecture would be Distributed Clustered Deployment + SHC - Single Site (C3 / C13), which includes a 2-node Indexer Cluster, 3-node Search Head Cluster, 1 Deployment Server, etc.

But, we only have 2 available servers-virtual machine with Win 2012. So, I'm thinking to build a 2-node Windows Server Failover Cluster, then install a Single Splunk Server (S1) (one instance includes Search Head and Indexer) on this cluster. Is this possible?

I don't have much experience on Splunk architecture. I did research online, seems no one mentioned this solution. Is this a good idea? any Pros and Cons? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...