Deployment Architecture

Search job execution in search head cluster environment

yutaka1005
Builder

I have two questions about search job execution when search head cluster is used.

1. In a search head cluster, when I access a specific search head from a browser and search there, is the job execute with the search head that I access?
    Or, if there are members that have fewer load, will the member responsible for processing?

2. Is there a way to check which members performed the schedule search?

0 Karma
1 Solution

skalliger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

1. Yes, the searches you are doing in realtime are being ran on the server you are logged on to.
  2. Yes, if you're using the Monitoring Console (former DMC) it's quite easy. You can simply access a) the "Scheduler Activity" in the "Search" menu or b) the "Scheduler Delegation" in the "Search" > "Search Head Clustering" menu.

Skalli

edit: typo

View solution in original post

0 Karma

skalliger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

1. Yes, the searches you are doing in realtime are being ran on the server you are logged on to.
  2. Yes, if you're using the Monitoring Console (former DMC) it's quite easy. You can simply access a) the "Scheduler Activity" in the "Search" menu or b) the "Scheduler Delegation" in the "Search" > "Search Head Clustering" menu.

Skalli

edit: typo

0 Karma

yutaka1005
Builder

Hi skalliger,

I'm sorry I have asked you many times.

Yes, the searches you are doing in realtime are being ran on the server you are logged on to.

→ Is this "realtime" means not "real-time searches" but "all searches" that I log in and execute from the GUI search screen?

0 Karma

skalliger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yep, that's correct.
I referred to it as "realtime" because I simply distinguish "realtime" from "scheduled".
Any other questions? 🙂

0 Karma

yutaka1005
Builder

Thank you for comment.

I understood it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...