Deployment Architecture

Roll buckets that are in "Cannot fix search count as the bucket hasn't rolled yet" state

alonsocaio
Contributor

Is there any way to automatically roll buckets that are in the "Cannot fix search count as the bucket hasn't rolled yet" state? Every time that any of my indexers restarts It causes some buckets to stay in fixing mode because they have not rolled yet.

This is causing some impact my Enterprise Security performance, since some of the correlation searches will not run when I have lots of buckets in fixing mode.

0 Karma
1 Solution

codebuilder
Influencer

You can manually roll all hot buckets from hot to warm at the index level:

splunk _internal call /data/indexes/<index_name>/roll-hot-buckets -auth <admin_username>:<admin_password>
----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!

View solution in original post

codebuilder
Influencer

You can manually roll all hot buckets from hot to warm at the index level:

splunk _internal call /data/indexes/<index_name>/roll-hot-buckets -auth <admin_username>:<admin_password>
----

alonsocaio
Contributor

Thanks, I guess that this will help me!

0 Karma

muizash
Path Finder

Where to run this command?

0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

On the indexers.

----
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...