Deployment Architecture

Python on Splunk

kumar493
Path Finder

HI All ,

I have a question regarding python , I have python installed on my servers and i want to delete the python from the server , is it will impact anything on splunk ? BEcause i heard splunk software ships with python libarary and its not using the one we have installed on server , its using its own libarary , IS it true ????

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Yes, it's true that Splunk will use the Python libraries that ship with Splunk. You can remove the instance of Python that was installed separately from Splunk, but do not remove the Python that came with Splunk.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Yes, it's true that Splunk will use the Python libraries that ship with Splunk. You can remove the instance of Python that was installed separately from Splunk, but do not remove the Python that came with Splunk.
---

kumar493
Path Finder

Hi Thank you so much for your answer , And the python which cames with splunk it should be inside splunk folder only right ?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
That is correct.
---

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should remember that e.g inputs or TAs could also use OS’s version of python. It’s not common, but time to time it’s mandatory to get things to do. Probably with v 8 even less used than earlier.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...