Deployment Architecture

Permission Distributed Search

dalie
Explorer

Hello,

Architecture:
I have a distributed Seach (not in Cluster)
1 Search head and 1 Indexer.

Every logs are stored on the indexer and with the search head user can search ....

Problem:
The problem is ... that I can allow a specific index per roles only on the indexer.
But user don't have an access to the indexer, they search via the GUI of the Search Head.

On the Search Head, I don't see the index create on the indexer, so the user have an access on every index
Is that possible to limit the access the search head ?

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

place the indexes.conf on the search head as well
you are doing great by blocking the UI on the indexer

View solution in original post

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

place the indexes.conf on the search head as well
you are doing great by blocking the UI on the indexer

0 Karma

dalie
Explorer

It works !
One more question, every time That I will create and index on the indexer , I have to create this to the search head too then ?

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Yes, you would need to keep that configuration in sync.

Since you are not using clustering, in theory you could use a Deployment Server to centrally manage such configuration that needs to go to multiple systems. But setting that up just for this 1 config file might be a bit overkill.

dalie
Explorer

Ok thanks I will try to do this 🙂

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

@dalie, if it works for you, kindly accept the answer and up-vote helpful comments
cheers

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...