Deployment Architecture

OPSEC LEA Forwarder prerequisites

nickstone
Path Finder

What is the requirement for having a Light or Heavy Forwarder for the Checkpoint OPSEC LEA add-on?
Is it just so the the WebUI can be used to configure it?

If so, is there a way to bypass the WebUI configuration step and just use a regualar Universal Forwarder?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No, we require heavy or light forwarder. There are several reasons for this, the main one being that in the future we intend to facilitate remote management and this would not be possible with the universal forwarder.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No, we require heavy or light forwarder. There are several reasons for this, the main one being that in the future we intend to facilitate remote management and this would not be possible with the universal forwarder.

0 Karma

hassanali
Explorer

I can not find any documentation specifically addressing the install on a HF. I have gathered from reading answers by the community to not index on the HF (common sense but documentation does not address what to add in the inputs.conf), assuming the outputs.conf is straight forward but then the app configuration on the indexer is also not clear.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...