Deployment Architecture

My searches are failing on Search Head with error " Search filters specified using splunk_server/splunk_server_group do not match any search peer"

sat94541
Communicator

I am using Splunk Version 6.2.2 with search head and few indexer. My searches are failing with following error

Search filters specified using splunk_server/splunk_server_group do not match any search peer.

Tags (1)

rbal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The messages you are seeing is due to new App called DMC ( Refer http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/Admin/ConfiguretheMonitoringConsole) that is installed with Splunk Version 6.2.

If you run the btool for distsearch on the Search head

./splunk cmd btool distsearch list --debug

You will see multiple groups

..../etc/system/local/distsearch.conf [distributedSearch]
……..
..../etc/system/local/distsearch.conf servers = index500010:8089,index500011:8089,index500012:8089,index500013:8089
..../etc/system/default/distsearch.conf shareBundles = true
..../etc/system/default/distsearch.conf statusTimeout = 10
..../etc/system/default/distsearch.conf useSHPBundleReplication = true
..../etc/system/local/distsearch.conf [distributedSearch:dmc_group_cluster_master]
..../etc/system/local/distsearch.conf [distributedSearch:dmc_group_deployment_server]
..../etc/system/local/distsearch.conf [distributedSearch:dmc_group_indexer]
..../etc/system/local/distsearch.conf default = true
..../etc/system/local/distsearch.conf [distributedSearch:dmc_group_kv_store]

Notice that distsearch.conf has many groups and the group [distributedSearch:dmc_group_indexer] is marked as default group using "default = true"

Here group [distributedSearch] has list of indexer to search , but default group [distributedSearch:dmc_group_indexer] has no reference to any server(indexers).

To resolve this issue make the following change to the distsearch.conf

[distributedSearch]
default = true
[distributedSearch:dmc_group_indexer]
default = false

Restart splunk service after making this chnage.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...