Deployment Architecture

Moving index database

Daonadmin

I am attempting to move the index database and I am following this document line by line. "http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Moveanindex"

When I am all done and attempt to start the splunk from the command line it times out when attempting to connect. When I check the splunkd.log file I see the error messages listed below.

08-23-2011 09:43:51.710 -0400 ERROR loader - Creating: S:\splunk\default
08-23-2011 09:43:51.710 -0400 ERROR loader - Warning: cannot create "S:\splunk\default"

BTW: Everything copied over correctly and verified all files were there.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Sounds like a permissions issue. Does Splunk have permission to write files in the index directory?

Ayn
Legend

As a means of troubleshooting the issue, I would recommend trying to create files as the user Splunk will be running as, just to make sure that the permissions you set are taking effect properly.

0 Karma

Daonadmin

Yes, I gave everyone permissions to that particular drive.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...