Deployment Architecture

Migrating ITSI from shared search head to dedicated search head?

jtsplunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm looking to migrate ITSI 2.4 (IT Service Intelligence), which is on a shared, clustered set of search heads (SH)'s, to a dedicated SH running ITSI 2.6.

Is there a guide or how-to on how this might be accomplished? What sort of directories and configuration information should be moved/copied to the new location?

Thank you.

0 Karma
1 Solution

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

ITSI uses the kv-store to maintain its data. You can run a simple backup and apply it to your dedicated search head ( I did this exact same thing last week)

To test it, you can take the backup, restore the backup on your new search head and verify your services and KPI's are populating correctly. This assumes your dedicated SH is searching the same indexers as your shared SH.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

ITSI uses the kv-store to maintain its data. You can run a simple backup and apply it to your dedicated search head ( I did this exact same thing last week)

To test it, you can take the backup, restore the backup on your new search head and verify your services and KPI's are populating correctly. This assumes your dedicated SH is searching the same indexers as your shared SH.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe Backup and Restore option would work for you. See this for more information: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSI/2.6.1/Configure/BackupandRestoreITSIconfig

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...