Deployment Architecture

Maximum disk usage quota has been reached - what authorize.conf file to modify

jwalzerpitt
Influencer

I have users getting the "maximum disk usage quota has been reached" message and from other questions and answers I see I need to increase the srchDiskQuota setting in the authorize.conf file.

I have a SHC and when I look for the authorize.conf file I see it in /opt/splunk/etc/system/default/authorize.conf - if I modify the file in that directory and then push out to my SHs, do I need to worry about the /opt/splunk/etc/system/default/authorize.conf  being overwritten when I update Splunk in the future? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, you do have to worry about the file being overwritten when you update Splunk.  That is why every .conf file says to NOT modify the /default copy.  Always make your changes in a /local directory.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jwalzerpitt
Influencer

Thx Rich - I'll create a new file under the /local directory

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, you do have to worry about the file being overwritten when you update Splunk.  That is why every .conf file says to NOT modify the /default copy.  Always make your changes in a /local directory.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...