Deployment Architecture

Knowledge Bundle Problems after moving to latest version of Okta App

pcookhayboo
Explorer

When I move to the latest version of the Okta App (2.25.x) knowledge bundle replication  breaks with the following errors:

• "Failed to untar the bundle="D:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\searchpeers\<name>.bundle."
  • Unable to distribute to peer named <indexer>at uri https://<indexer>:8089 because replication was unsuccessful. ReplicationStatus: Failed - Failure info: failed_because_BUNDLE_DATA_TRANSMIT_FAILURE

I've noticed that prior to the installation knowledge bundle replication happened rather infrequently but after the install it's constant. My search bundles are all around 500MB. 

Here's a couple of things I've tried

• I've tried increasing the bundle timeouts
  • Checking for large lookup files in the Okta App -- they dont exist. 
  • removing all knowledge bundle files on indexers and the search and letting them regenerate. 
  • Completely removing the app from the searchhead and starting fresh. 

When I remove the Okta app the error goes away. Okta and Splunk support have been little help so far. 

Any suggestions on what could be causing this would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

pcookhayboo
Explorer

This turned out to be hitting the Windows 260 character limit. Even though Microsoft provides a solution for this the application has to support it and Splunk does not. The answer turned out to be reinstalling Splunk across all my indexers into a shorter directory. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...