Deployment Architecture

Issues with search head cluster linked to two index clusters

freaklin
Path Finder

I have a Search Head Cluster able to query in two index cluster. It used to be linked to a single index cluster and It was working fine, but at the moment I linked It to the second index cluster It started to receive partial results when querying from indexes of any of these clusters.
It also shows me an error message in the job that says:

Unable to distribute to peer named indexer-b1 at uri=172.16.xx.xxx:8089 using the uri-scheme=https because peer has status=Down. Verify uri-scheme, connectivity to the search peer, that the search peer is up, and that an adequate level of system resources are available. See the Troubleshooting Manual for more information.

This server, indexer-b1 at uri=172.16.xx.xxx:8089, is part of the second Index Cluster. But although It says me It's down, In the other cluster master, looking in DMC, This server is completely ok.

At first sight, It seems that one index cluster is trying to sync with the other? If this is the case, how can I isolate them?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...