Deployment Architecture

Issues deploying initial shcluster apps from deployer

jcspigler2010
Path Finder

I'm having an issue deploying my first bundle of shcluster apps. I have all untarred apps in /opt/splunk/etc/shcluster, permissions are correct, all SH cluster members are configured with my deployers IP.

Everytime I run the "splunk apply shcluster-bundle -target https://172.16.31.36:8089 -auth admin:password

I get the following error

"Error while deploying apps to first member: Found zero deployable apps to send; /opt/splunk/etc/shcluster is likely empty; ensure that the command is being run on the deployer. If intentionally attempting to remove all apps from the search head cluster use the "force" option. WARNING: using this option with an empty shcluster directory will delete all apps previously deployed to the search head cluster; use with extreme caution!"

I haven't been able to find ANYTHING on this error. Any help would be great

0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

jcspigler2010
Path Finder

Jeeze....
I was under the impression from docs that it went in the root of /shcluster dir.

Thanks adonio!

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

@harsmarvania57 comment is right
place in .../etc/shcluster/apps
read here more:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.0/DistSearch/PropagateSHCconfigurationchanges#Where_...

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

All untarred app should be in /opt/splunk/etc/shcluster/apps/ directory.

Thanks,
Harshil

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...