Deployment Architecture

Is there some documentation on how to upgrade Hunk when you have Search Head Clustering enabled?

jaredlaney
Contributor

Last time we checked, the Hunk install was still a tar ball. Are there any plans to make an rpm? How will this install work when search head clustering is enabled?

1 Solution

jworthington_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey there,

Not sure if you have seen the Hunk docs for SHC. We don't go into great detail about search head clustering itself, since that is heavily discussed in the Enterprise documentation, but do offer some Hunk specific information that would hopefully be a helpful companion:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Hunk/6.2.6/Hunk/Configuresearchheadclustering

Hope that helps!
Cheers,
Jen

View solution in original post

jworthington_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey there,

Not sure if you have seen the Hunk docs for SHC. We don't go into great detail about search head clustering itself, since that is heavily discussed in the Enterprise documentation, but do offer some Hunk specific information that would hopefully be a helpful companion:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Hunk/6.2.6/Hunk/Configuresearchheadclustering

Hope that helps!
Cheers,
Jen

jaredlaney
Contributor

No, I had not seen that. Yes, it should help. I'll give it a try.

Thanks!
Jared

0 Karma

jhodge_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Which version of Hunk are you running? Are you also running this in tandem with Splunk Enterprise?

0 Karma

jaredlaney
Contributor

We are running Hunk/Splunk Enterprise 6.2.2.

0 Karma

jhodge_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

At the moment we are currently looking into a rpm for Hunk, although there are no current timelines for this. I will update this post when I have more information to give on this topic.

Kind regards,
James

jaredlaney
Contributor

My customer is very concerned about this. They are really looking for a smoother installation process and a little better integration testing with other features like search head clustering.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...