Deployment Architecture

Is there a difference between runnning Intel CPU's VS AMD EPYC CPU's?

aubine
Explorer

Hello,

I'm looking into refreshing my hardware for my Splunk server and was wondering if:

1) Does Splunk support AMD Epyc CPU's?

2) Is there any performance difference between using Intel or AMD chips(ie is Intel preferred or is better optimized for)?

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk minimum hardware requirements call for "Intel x86 64-bit chip architecture".  I would emphasize the "architecture" over the "Intel".  Splunk doesn't care about the brand name on the chip as long as it can do the same job.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk minimum hardware requirements call for "Intel x86 64-bit chip architecture".  I would emphasize the "architecture" over the "Intel".  Splunk doesn't care about the brand name on the chip as long as it can do the same job.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

aubine
Explorer

@richgalloway  - Thanks!

I didn't think that it would matter, but I thought I would ask the community. The price difference between the CPU's is massive and has much higher core counts.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...