Deployment Architecture

Is there a .conf file that shows which apps are associated with a serverclass?

andrewhlui
Explorer

I understand that you can determine which apps are in which serverclass through the Forwarder Management GUI. Is there any other way to look at which serverclass has which apps associated with it (through a search/a .conf file mapping the relationship?)

0 Karma
1 Solution

Yunagi
Communicator

Server classes are saved in serverclass.conf. Check out the documentation: Use serverclass.conf to define server classes

You should find your server classes under etc/system/local/serverclass.conf

For testing purposes, I created the deployment app "testapp" along with the server class "testclass" through the Forwarder Management GUI. etc/system/local/serverclass.conf now contains the following

[serverClass:testclass:app:testapp]
restartSplunkWeb = 0
restartSplunkd = 0
stateOnClient = enabled

[serverClass:testclass]
whitelist.0 = 172.16.1.10

View solution in original post

Yunagi
Communicator

Server classes are saved in serverclass.conf. Check out the documentation: Use serverclass.conf to define server classes

You should find your server classes under etc/system/local/serverclass.conf

For testing purposes, I created the deployment app "testapp" along with the server class "testclass" through the Forwarder Management GUI. etc/system/local/serverclass.conf now contains the following

[serverClass:testclass:app:testapp]
restartSplunkWeb = 0
restartSplunkd = 0
stateOnClient = enabled

[serverClass:testclass]
whitelist.0 = 172.16.1.10

andrewhlui
Explorer

The serverclass.conf files I'm working with don't contain any app stanzas (only the whitelist sections). Is there anywhere else that serverclasses might be mapped to apps?

0 Karma

loatswil
Path Finder

Make sure you are looking on your Deployment server and not the Search-head.

0 Karma

Yunagi
Communicator

Check out your local app directories, e.g. etc/apps/myapp/local/serverclass.conf.

You can also use the Splunk REST API. Do the following Splunk search on your deployment server:
| rest /services/deployment/server/applications | table title,serverclasses

andrewhlui
Explorer

Couldn't find anything in the local app directories, but the search worked great. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...