Deployment Architecture

Is the hybrid search head limited to 90 days

KeithH
Path Finder

Hi,

I recently completed the Splunk Cloud Admin course and it made mention that a Hybrid Search Head could be set up on-prem to read data across on-prem and cloud.

I have also read about this here and all seems fine:          

Splunk Cloud Platform Service Details  

But now I have just listened to this video “Apps for Splunk Cloud - Premium Apps” here    

https://splunkpartnerlearningcenter.mindtickle.com/#/course/1346827044233204509?series=1305980034355...

Then go into the course and play the THIRD video and listen to time from 3:10 to 3:25 it says that the use of a Hybrid search is only for up to 90 days. 

Perhaps that video is out of date or perhaps I am misunderstanding.

Does anyone know about this 90 day limit as we have several customers moving to the cloud and several want Hybrid search as an option.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

KeithH
Path Finder

Hi Scelikok,

I don't think that's the reason.  They do go on to say that hybrid search imposes performance issues especially  over time if the cloud gets upgraded and the on-prem doesn't.   Hopefully we will find out more as hybrid seems a good solution for the rare time when a longer search is required.  

thanks

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @KeithH,

It may be said because of default 90 days storage sizing. 

"Ingest-based subscriptions include sufficient storage to allow you to store up to 90 days of your uncompressed data."

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/latest/Service/SplunkCloudservice#Storage

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...