Deployment Architecture

Is the hybrid search head limited to 90 days

KeithH
Path Finder

Hi,

I recently completed the Splunk Cloud Admin course and it made mention that a Hybrid Search Head could be set up on-prem to read data across on-prem and cloud.

I have also read about this here and all seems fine:          

Splunk Cloud Platform Service Details  

But now I have just listened to this video “Apps for Splunk Cloud - Premium Apps” here    

https://splunkpartnerlearningcenter.mindtickle.com/#/course/1346827044233204509?series=1305980034355...

Then go into the course and play the THIRD video and listen to time from 3:10 to 3:25 it says that the use of a Hybrid search is only for up to 90 days. 

Perhaps that video is out of date or perhaps I am misunderstanding.

Does anyone know about this 90 day limit as we have several customers moving to the cloud and several want Hybrid search as an option.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

KeithH
Path Finder

Hi Scelikok,

I don't think that's the reason.  They do go on to say that hybrid search imposes performance issues especially  over time if the cloud gets upgraded and the on-prem doesn't.   Hopefully we will find out more as hybrid seems a good solution for the rare time when a longer search is required.  

thanks

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @KeithH,

It may be said because of default 90 days storage sizing. 

"Ingest-based subscriptions include sufficient storage to allow you to store up to 90 days of your uncompressed data."

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/latest/Service/SplunkCloudservice#Storage

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...