Deployment Architecture

Is it possible to use SH-Deployer to Push User (Local) App?

morethanyell
Builder

Basically what I wish to do is very simple, I want to clone 70+ alerts (entire savedsearches.conf). I maybe naive but my plan is to clone them all but not via UI. How can I copy the entire savedsearches.conf we have in ../etc/apps/<appname>/default/savedsearches.conf into our SH deployer and let it apply cluster bundel into the ../etc/users/<username>/<appname>/local/ of our 14 search heads?

0 Karma
1 Solution

tiagofbmm
Influencer

SH Deployer deploys to apps folder only. If you want to push savedsearches to belong privately to users, I'd recommend using Ansible or other automation tool, which would be pretty simple to create there.

View solution in original post

tiagofbmm
Influencer

SH Deployer deploys to apps folder only. If you want to push savedsearches to belong privately to users, I'd recommend using Ansible or other automation tool, which would be pretty simple to create there.

morethanyell
Builder

Hi @tiagofbmm please convert your comment to answer as it directly answers my question. I will accept it. By the way, thank you very much.

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

You're welcome. It is converted now 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...