Deployment Architecture

Is it possible to enable or disable an application state in app.conf via deployment server?

Priya312
Explorer

Hi,
I'm trying to disable a forwarder. For that, i'm changing the state to disabled in app.conf of collector class.
I'm performing this activity via deployment server.

But whenever i modify app.conf via deployment server, in the forwarder, the state is not getting changed to disable.
If i manually change the app.conf in the forwarder, the state is getting changed to disable.

Please help me to know whether via deployment server, we can't enable/disable an app in Splunk.

1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

You set this in serverclass.conf.

stateOnClient = enabled | disabled | noop
    * If set to "enabled", sets the application state to enabled on the client, regardless of state on the deployment server.
    * If set to "disabled", set the application state to disabled on the client, regardless of state on the deployment server.
    * If set to "noop", the state on the client will be the same as on the deployment server.
    * Can be overridden at the serverClass level and the serverClass:app level.
    * Defaults to enabled.

View solution in original post

splunkreal
Motivator

I have to delete app.conf sometimes in deployment-apps then reload deploy-server to reset the state.

* If this helps, please upvote or accept solution 🙂 *
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

You set this in serverclass.conf.

stateOnClient = enabled | disabled | noop
    * If set to "enabled", sets the application state to enabled on the client, regardless of state on the deployment server.
    * If set to "disabled", set the application state to disabled on the client, regardless of state on the deployment server.
    * If set to "noop", the state on the client will be the same as on the deployment server.
    * Can be overridden at the serverClass level and the serverClass:app level.
    * Defaults to enabled.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...