Deployment Architecture

Install app/add-on in a clustered Search head?

Harishma
Communicator

Hi All,

I did go through the docs and installed the Kafka add-on via the Deployer in a Search head cluster. I copied the install .gz file to the shcluster directory and pushed it out to the other SHs in the cluster.
Now I need to configure this.
As per the docs I need to set it up via the UI. But I dont find the Set up under Apps-->Manage Apps-->Kafka appoption in any of the search heads at all.

Splunk Add-on for Kafka Splunk_TA_kafka 1.1.0

Yes

No
Global | Permissions Enabled | Disable Edit properties | View objects | View details on SplunkApps

Why so? How do I set it up?

0 Karma

hunters_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Harishma,

You need to perform additional steps to deploy bundles from deployer, and it works in two ways:

• Push bundles out from deployer to all search head members Execute: splunk apply shcluster-bundle –target Can specify any member, but the deployer pushes the bundles to all members
  • Configure search head members to fetch and sync after a restart Add the deployer address to the existing search head members: splunk edit shcluster-config -conf_deploy_fetch_url https://:8089

Hope this helps. Thanks!
Hunter

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...