Deployment Architecture

Ingest large number of csv files

msplunk33
Path Finder

I have a backlog of huge number of .csv file skipped by the UF need to be ingested manually to back fill. What is the easy and the best method. If I manually ingest from the search head will the transform and pros conf in the hf and indexers will take effect.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ekenne06
Path Finder

Yes, that will capture all the .csv files and process them in the oneshot.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ekenne06
Path Finder

Check out this article 

https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/devtools/python/sdk-python/howtousesplunkpython/howtogetdatap...

particularly the section :  "To Add data directly to an index" 

You could write a quick python script to input the various csv files you have. This should go through your HF/Indexers so your transforms are added properly. However, i'm pretty sure uploading data on the searchhead should apply as well. 

You can also use the oneshot command:

/opt/splunk/bin/splunk add oneshot "C:\csv\test.csv" -sourcetype csv -index csv_index -source test -auth admin:changeme

msplunk33
Path Finder

/opt/splunk/bin/splunk add oneshot "C:\csv\*.csv" -sourcetype csv -index csv_index -source test -auth admin:changeme

Can I use  *.csv to upload all .csv files in this folder in oneshot ?

0 Karma

ekenne06
Path Finder

Yes, that will capture all the .csv files and process them in the oneshot.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...