New 6.0.2 Cluster,
I've installed the Splunk RPM on a dedicated master node, switched it to be a Master node and was able to get one of my Peer index servers to connect but not two other (identical) nodes. The Peer nodes that can't connect get the following error message:
In handler 'clusterconfig': Could not contact master. Check that the master is up, the master_uri=...
I'm using a Security Key double check the accuracy. I believe it to be fine.
What I've tried:
- http (vs. https) in the configuration.
- Stopped iptables
- telnet'ed to the master nodes management port 8089 from the peer nodes - successful connection.
- restarted servers and restarted splunk services (at different time)
- Tried DNS name in Peer node configuration line.
- Tried adding master node details into /etc/hosts
So far these two nodes will not join the cluster.
Thanks for any pointers.
Turns out that I was entering the wrong Security key. I noticed this once I examined the pass4SymmKey field in the "good "peer nodes' in the "good" peer nodes server.conf. It wasn't the same as the one I was entering on the remaining two peer nodes (typo on my part, dropped a couple characters).