Deployment Architecture

In handler 'clusterconfig': Argument "pass4SymmKey" is not supported by this handler.

echalex
Builder

Hi,

I'm testing out Splunk 6 and working on scripting the setup of a cluster. However, when I try to do a splunk edit cluster-config I'm unable to set the Security Key through the command line. Anyone else bumped into this?

$ splunk edit cluster-config -mode searchhead -master_uri https://splunk-master -pass4SymmKey secret
In handler 'clusterconfig': Argument "pass4SymmKey" is not supported by this handler.

The results seem to be the same regardless of if I'm configuring a master, slave or search head.

0 Karma
1 Solution

svasan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

echalex,

Try -secret instead of -pass4SymmKey. That might be a cli doc issue to be fixed.

View solution in original post

echalex
Builder

It seems that this was indeed a bug in the documentation and the documentation has been corrected now.

0 Karma

svasan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

echalex,

Try -secret instead of -pass4SymmKey. That might be a cli doc issue to be fixed.

echalex
Builder

Yep, that works!
Thanks a lot!

0 Karma

echalex
Builder

Actually, haven't really used 5.x and am planning an upgrade to 6.0. However, the documentation in splunk help cluster-config suggests this should work.

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Interesting. Were you able to do this via command line in 5.x? (I admit that any time I set the pass4SymmKey, I did so via config files, rather than the CLI.)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...