Deployment Architecture

In handler 'clusterconfig': Argument "pass4SymmKey" is not supported by this handler.

echalex
Builder

Hi,

I'm testing out Splunk 6 and working on scripting the setup of a cluster. However, when I try to do a splunk edit cluster-config I'm unable to set the Security Key through the command line. Anyone else bumped into this?

$ splunk edit cluster-config -mode searchhead -master_uri https://splunk-master -pass4SymmKey secret
In handler 'clusterconfig': Argument "pass4SymmKey" is not supported by this handler.

The results seem to be the same regardless of if I'm configuring a master, slave or search head.

0 Karma
1 Solution

svasan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

echalex,

Try -secret instead of -pass4SymmKey. That might be a cli doc issue to be fixed.

View solution in original post

echalex
Builder

It seems that this was indeed a bug in the documentation and the documentation has been corrected now.

0 Karma

svasan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

echalex,

Try -secret instead of -pass4SymmKey. That might be a cli doc issue to be fixed.

echalex
Builder

Yep, that works!
Thanks a lot!

0 Karma

echalex
Builder

Actually, haven't really used 5.x and am planning an upgrade to 6.0. However, the documentation in splunk help cluster-config suggests this should work.

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Interesting. Were you able to do this via command line in 5.x? (I admit that any time I set the pass4SymmKey, I did so via config files, rather than the CLI.)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...