Deployment Architecture

I want to send logs to another index that I created, not the main index. How to do it?

sacalao

I want to send logs to another index that I created, not the main index. How to do it?

I need to configure something on the splunk server too (inputs.conf)?

Thanks!

0 Karma

Dimitri_McKay
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

in the UI you'd go Manager > Indexes > and define the new index name.
Then you'd edit your inputs.conf for that source to point to the name of the new index.
That should do you right.

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

For the input you want to send to another index, simply specify this in the input's section in inputs.conf.

[monitor:///your/file/or/directory]
index = yourindex

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Inputsconf

Ayn
Legend

I'm not sure I understand the question. It doesn't matter if you got the data through a forwarder or not. You set this on the instance that's reading the files, in your case the forwarder. Duplication isn't an issue at all.

sacalao

Thanks, but I am getting the logs of a fowarder on port 9997. Using this I not'll be duplicating the data?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...