Deployment Architecture

I can't see DataPreview when I'm doing Search Head Pooling. Why not?

DerekB
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm using search head pooling and I cannot see the data preview when I'm adding a new file. Why not? How can I get this to work?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

DerekB
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try this to fix it:

Manually copy the splunk_datapreview app to the Search Head Pooling storage directory.

View solution in original post

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This can occur when updating a distributed environment. Follow the upgrade instructions in the Distributed Deployment Manual to ensure that all your apps (including those that ship with Splunk, like Search and Data Preview) are correctly placed. See also this part of the Troubleshoot distributed search topic in the same manual.

0 Karma

DerekB
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try this to fix it:

Manually copy the splunk_datapreview app to the Search Head Pooling storage directory.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...