Deployment Architecture

I am seeing a different behavior between in the GUI for v5 and v6 with regards to Index Replication. Is this right?

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

On master $SPLUNKHOME/etc/master-apps/cluster/local/indexes.conf
[testwebaccess]
repFactor=auto
coldPath = $SPLUNKDB/testwebaccess /colddb
homePath = $SPLUNK
DB/ testswebaccess /db
thawedPath = $SPLUNKDB/ testweb_access /thaweddb

I used the command: 'splunk apply cluster-bundle' to release to all search indexers.

From the Indexer UI, the new index name, testwebaccess, shows in the list box of “Indexes searched by default” under the Manager -> Access controls -> Roles (Pick one like admin]

In Splunk Version 5, I use to see the newly created index name shows in the list box of “Indexes searched by default” when checking from search head within the same cluster.

In Splunk Version 6, the newly created index name is not available in the list box of “Indexes searched by default” when checking from search head within the same cluster.

Is this correct?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You observation is correct. This behavior is identified as Bug in Splunk Version 6. Bug # SPL-74975.Currently it is expected to be fixed in release 6.0.2

View solution in original post

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You observation is correct. This behavior is identified as Bug in Splunk Version 6. Bug # SPL-74975.Currently it is expected to be fixed in release 6.0.2

View solution in original post