Deployment Architecture

How to upgrade a single Search Head to a Search Head Cluster?

lucacaldiero
Path Finder

Hello,

please I would like to know if the best approach to "move" a single Search Head  to a Search Head Cluster is to deploy first a deployer, than a single-member search head cluster (connected to the deployer and elected as captain), with replication factor to 1, and then add other members to the Search Head Cluster.

Info here: Deploy a single-member search head cluster - Splunk Documentation

Thanks and kind regards.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

lucacaldiero
Path Finder

Ciao Giuseppe,

thanks for helping, but I have to apologize, because my question was not well explained.

I have an environment with only one search head and I would like to move to a cluster environment; there are not other search heads at the moment.

I know that at the end I should have 1 deployer and 3 search heads, but, as told above, for the time being I have only one server: a search head.

Thanks again.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @lucacaldiero,

in this case you have to create you Cluster from zero:

• install Deployer and the other Search Heads,
  • copy the installed apps (custom or from Splunkbase) from the actual SH to the Deployer (to the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/shcluster folder),
  • configure the Cluster following the instructions of the previous message ,
  • deploy Apps from Deployer to all the SHs.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...