Deployment Architecture

How to update App configured status when using customized setup page

chenyanyu

Hi Splunk Experts,

I'm in the middle of a Splunk App development. To take fully control of user input , style and functionality of the setup page, I use setup "redirect" to redirect the setup page to a html highly customized one. Everything works fine, reach my expection, but I'm running into a problem of app 'configured' status update. As the app.conf configuration file doesn't update automatically , my application is always in a blank unconfiugred status, any visit will jump to the app configuraiton remind page ... I'm thinking to create/update local/app.conf with a backend script, as any manually update in app.conf need restart enterprise server to reload the app.conf , it seems not a good option.

With the default setup.xml, I don't have such probem before, app.conf will be updated automatically within app/local directory.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Best Regards,
Thomas

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...