Deployment Architecture

How to suppress replication in one of the peer nodes

hitesh_pawar
Path Finder

Hi all,

I have a simple CLuster consfiguration where M1 is master, S1 is Search Head and P1, P2 and P3 are three peers with a replication factor of 2. My requirment is that peer P3 should not take part in replication process. The replication should take plase across P1 and P2 only.
P3 is added so that its data can be searched in existing Cluster Search Head.
Can any one tell me how can I supress replication in P3.

Regards
Hitesh

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mahamed_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can remove P3 from cluster and add it back as a non-clustered indexer. The search head can search both clustered and non-clustered indexers.

It's documented here

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1/Indexer/Configurehybridsearch

View solution in original post

mahamed_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can remove P3 from cluster and add it back as a non-clustered indexer. The search head can search both clustered and non-clustered indexers.

It's documented here

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1/Indexer/Configurehybridsearch

hitesh_pawar
Path Finder

Yes I agree with Mahamed. I removed it from the Cluster and was able to search its data in Cluster Search Head

-Hitesh

0 Karma

hitesh_pawar
Path Finder

Yes,P3 is already having some data. But my requirement is:

1) P3 data should not get replicated in P1 and P2.
2) P1 and P2 data should not get replicated in P3.
Is there any way we can configure P3 to exhibit above behaviour.
Best Regards
Hitesh

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I didn't test this, but you might be able to take P3 out of the cluster and add it as a distributed search peer to your search head.

If it's part of the cluster it will eventually participate in replication... that's the point of being in a cluster.

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

So P3 already has some sort of data, but you need to search it simultaneously while searching the clustered data?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...