Deployment Architecture

How to specify the storage ratio?

aojie654
Path Finder

Hi, splunkers:

Is there any way to special the storage ratio? Like 30% log store on indexer A and the other 70% store one indexer B?

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @aojie654,
I think that you're speaking of two not clustered indexers.
You can analyze your data and divide indexes to have the needed percentages of storages; in other words put the indexes that summarize around the 30% of data on Indexer1 and the other indexes on Indexer2, this also means that you have to modify all the inputs.conf of your TAs.

If instead you're speaking of two clustered Indexers it isn't possible.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

vliggio
Communicator

One thing you can do is put the second indexer in your list of outputs twice, and the first indexer once (if you are using round robin DNS, put it in your DNS entry twice, otherwise, just put it in the outputs.conf twice).

ie, in your outputs.conf, put:

server = server1, server2, server2

0 Karma

aojie654
Path Finder

As I said in reply to @gcusello

Thanks for your reply.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @aojie654,
I think that you're speaking of two not clustered indexers.
You can analyze your data and divide indexes to have the needed percentages of storages; in other words put the indexes that summarize around the 30% of data on Indexer1 and the other indexes on Indexer2, this also means that you have to modify all the inputs.conf of your TAs.

If instead you're speaking of two clustered Indexers it isn't possible.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

aojie654
Path Finder

In actually, the customer has a cluster with 2 peers...
I was forgot the data copy on cluster.....

Anyway, thanks for your help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...