Deployment Architecture

How to retrieve information from a custom config file created from setup?

yanlajeunesse
Explorer

Hello,

What i'm trying to achieve is : a setup page where the users can enter different information that my app's different dashboards will use. Ideally, I would even like to create email alerts and the user could set his email address from the setup, but that seems more advanced.

I have read multiple docs about how to create such a setup page. I've used the example from the "Developer Guidance - Setup View Example For Splunk" app, and it works fine as in i can easily write my own configuration file with stanza and fields of my choosing.

What I dont know though, is how to access these stored information from my splunk app itself, say, from a search. Is it stored as tokens? I'm starting to consider tweaking my setup to just write a .csv file instead and use it as a lookup, but it feels absolutely hackish.

Any hints to point me towards the light would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Thank you!

Tags (2)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...