Deployment Architecture

How to prevent users taking clones of knowledge objects?

mbasharat
Contributor

Hi,

I am dealing with a situation where many users in Production are taking clones of knowledge objects e.g. scheduled reports, views etc. How to prevent this? Any settings in the configurations and roles capabilities I can apply to prevent this? Our configuration settings for access controls has read only for users. Write is for developers and admins only. This still does not prevent users from taking clones.

Thanks in advance!!!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What is the problem with cloning knowledge objects?  Is it possible users find the existing KOs inadequate and are creating better, private instances of them?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

mbasharat
Contributor

Hi Rich,

The issue is that users are creating clones of KOs and due to the lack of their training and knowledge, they try tweaking the cloned KOs in an un-optimized manner which is causing heavy load on infrastructure. We are asked by management to shutdown the cloning for users with read only access so they are unable to take clones to begin with. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...