Deployment Architecture

How to move universal forwader from one hard drive to another in Splunk environment?

santhu559

Hi All,

Can some one help me how i need to move universal forwarder from C drive to my E drive without effecting in Splunk environment?

Thanks
santhosh

0 Karma

ansif
Motivator

Try upgrading forwarders with custom location. But you should backup existing apps and configuration and then move to new location.

0 Karma

santhu559

Hi Ansif,

Thanks a lot for your responses here..!!

Can you please more specific on custom location means my deployment client? , apologies i didn't get it. Can you please provide more details here.

Thanks one again for your responses.

Have a nice day..!!!

K santhosh

0 Karma

ansif
Motivator

Just try upgrading forwarder in one of the server and choose custom installation to include your new path.I haven't tried this but I hope this works for you. (sorry that I don't have win test server to perform this by myself)

Once installation done copy conf and app to new location.Please let me know if it is working.

NB:- There is always a small disruption in the data collection when you do this.

0 Karma

ansif
Motivator

I will get a windows test machine, let me check and confirm.

0 Karma

ansif
Motivator

I tested, the second installation is not allowing us to select custom location for new path.So upgrade not working 😞

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...