Deployment Architecture

How to fix error: Cannot pick primary as the bucket hasn't rolled yet

basher590
Engager

Hi,

I have a cluster consisting of 2 indexers. At the weekend one of my indexers shut down unexpectedly and since then (6 days now) 20 of my 24 buckets are not fully searchable.
Looking at the Bucket Status page under the fixup tasks - Generation, there are entries for each bucket that has a problem like so.

payin~5~EF268AB0-A0AA-425A-B52F-0C1CD1542A76 payin Received shutdown notification from peer=EF268AB0-A0AA-425A-B52F-0C1CD1542A76 12/03/2016 06:01 Cannot pick primary as the bucket hasn't rolled yet.;

I have tried restarting the indexer that these messages refer to but that didn't make any difference.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

0 Karma

alemarzu
Motivator

Hi basher,

Whats the bucket status on Cluster Master's Dashboard ?

You should also read this, http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Troubleshooting/CommandlinetoolsforusewithSupport...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...