Deployment Architecture

How to find a server class a host belongs to?

SamHTexas
Builder

How to find a server class a host belongs to?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Go to Settings->Forwarder Management and click on the Clients tab.  Locate the client of choice and click on the arrow to the left of the name.  The information displayed should include the server class(es).

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How are you classifying hosts? By OS? By size? By uptime? By location? By colour? By patch status?

0 Karma

SamHTexas
Builder

By OS sir. I have a host that I just simply want to learn what server class it belongs to no matter what. Thank u 

Tags (1)
0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't know of any easy way to see which serverclass a host would match other than trying each whitelist/blacklist.

You can look through your deployment servers _internal log for splunkd.log. The entries are given by host IP address (sadly)

For example host with ip 1.2.3.4 matched service class blah and is getting 2 apps myapps_outputs and myapps_inputs

7-07-2021 11:59:03.491 +0000 INFO  ClientSessionsManager - ip=1.2.3.4 name=blah New record for sc=myserviceclass app=myapp_outputs: action=Phonehome result=Ok checksum=0
07-07-2021 11:59:03.491 +0000 INFO  ClientSessionsManager - ip=1.2.3.4 name=blah New record for sc=myserviceclass app=myapp_inputs: action=Phonehome result=Ok checksum=0

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...