Deployment Architecture

How to exclude an app from being updated on shcluster?

Senak
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hello splunk team,

I'm getting the following error while trying to deploy new app on our SH cluster. 

Error while creating deployable apps: Error compressing the temporary tarball: /opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/deploy.1805b9b8294a5b90.tmp/apps/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite.bundle: No space left on device

While I do understand the error, my challenge is that I can't increase further the /opt/splunk partition. 
So my question for you guy is if it is possible to exclude SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite from the deployement without deleting it. In other words, can I tell splunk to just push a specific app without checking other app like we do it on HF for a specific Server Class?

Kind regards,

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Senak,

the problem is that your bundle to deploy are too large, so you have to blacklist something, to reduce the bundle dimension.

You should see at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Serverclassconf in the sample section.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Senak
Loves-to-Learn Everything

thanks @gcusello ,

Is the following to be changed ?

excludeFromUpdate = <path>[,<path>]

Can you give me an example of how  to exclude  "my_app" for instance  knowing that i have a symbolic link on  /opt/splunk/etc/shcluster/app/my_app 

Regards

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...