Deployment Architecture

How to distribute TA_nix from deployment server

rameshlpatel
Communicator

Hi,

I have multiple forwarders and indexers and have want linix server activites from them.

So I have to deploy my TA_nix from deployment server. Process is same as paste that in deployment-app folder and assign serverclass and client to app or is thr any other way?

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

If you want to use a deployment server, then that is the way. You will need an enterprise licence to use the deploymentserver.

Each forwarder will need a deploymentclient.conf file, which may or may not have been created when the forwarder is installed.

Here is a good document for configuring the deploymentclient.conf.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Updating/Configuredeploymentclients

Here is some good information for troubleshooting. There is a lot of other complex stuff, but the troubleshooting section is helpfull.

http://wiki.splunk.com/Deploy:DeploymentServer

0 Karma

lakshman237
Path Finder

Yes, if the serverclass.conf is configured and the repository has the required app, it should be loaded. Ensure you are loading the required server class and that connectivity from the deployment client to server exists. If you still have issues, paste the contents/errors from splunkd.logs in the deployment client

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

Yes. Paste the configured app in the deployment apps folder and reload the deployment server. If the clients are configured correctly, and the serverclass.conf is configured correctly, then poof - the app will be pushed to all clients as defined in the serverclass.conf file.

0 Karma

rameshlpatel
Communicator

Thanks for this. But I already knew this concept. But I stuck with TA_nix installation on my all client servers. That Can i do by pasting TA_nix app in deplyment-app folder and distribute to my all clients ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...