Deployment Architecture

How to delete a Splunk Indexer cluster and configurations under the Distributed Management Console (DMC)?

ajaykumarbs

I have few queries as listed in the attached doc, please take a look and suggest.

We have added a new Indexer clustering (Genesis Splunk Master Node) in our test environment which have 2 indexer+1 Search Head + 1 Heavy Forwarder and 1 Master+deployment+cluster+license server.

Questions
Why are we not seeing any nodes under this group in Instances?

One Dummy Genesis (Indexer Cluster) is created by mistake (i'm sure I didn’t save but no idea) and not able to delete this cluster and can see master node under this group. We want to remove this how to do this please?

Can't find my instances? How to get them here I can see all my nodes under Distributed Management Console (DMC)->Settings->General Setup and the Indexer cluster name is Genesis Splunk Master Node

Can’t find the instances (Genesis Splunk Master Node) details under the Indexing - > Indexer clustering screen in DMC

This Dummy Genesis cluster under instances - DMC needs to be deleted, please help.

Thanks,
AJ

0 Karma

ajaykumarbs

Hi Adonio,

Cant find the dummy instance which was added by mistake here in DMC settings. Also no delete option under edit?

still cant see my nodes under the Genesis Splunk Master Node instances .

Thanks,
AJ

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

hi ajaykumarbs,
you can go to settings -> MC -> settings (in the nav bar) -> General Setup and now click edit on the instance you would like to delete
also go to settings (splunk black nav bar top right) -> distributed search -> Search Peers -> remove the peer you would like
Hope i understood your question

0 Karma

ajaykumarbs

Hi Adonio,

Cant find the dummy Instance (Genesis)which was created by mistake to delete, also no delete option under Edit

No nodes shown under the Genesis Splunk Master Node in instances, any ideas why?

Thanks,
AJ

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...