Deployment Architecture

How to access a REST endpoint on the deployment server from a search head cluster?

azollmanflatiro
Engager

I'm trying to populate a lookup table with information about my deployment clients. The only place I've found to get that information is from the deployment server itself. The following rest command returns the data I want, but it only works when I run it on the deployment server (which is not a search head peer, so doesn't have access to the same lookup tables for |outputlookup).

If I specify "splunk_server=master" in the search, and run it on my normal search head cluster, I get no results back.

Is there a way to make the search run on my normal search heads and query against the deployment server? Or, alternatively, run on the master and write against a lookup table (kvstore, if it matters) on my search head cluster?

| rest splunk_server=local  /services/deployment/server/clients 
|eval serverClass="" 
|foreach *.serverclasses [eval serverClass=mvdedup(mvappend(serverClass,'< < FIELD > >'))]
|rename hostname as sourceHost ip as sourceIp 
|table sourceHost,sourceIp,serverClass

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The | rest command only works for local server (current search head) and all search peers (Indexer/Peers that have been setup in distributed search). So to access deployment server Rest Api endpoints, add your deployment server as the search peer (Settings->Distributed search-> Search peers)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...