Deployment Architecture

How to Identify that Linux Application Server is UP or Down?

surabis

How to Identify that Linux Application Server is UP or Down? I don't have access to admin so that i cannot search for index=_internal.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

vliggio
Communicator

Not exactly sure what you mean by "Linux Application Server", as there is no such generic thing.

If you're looking for a particular process that's running on a linux system, if you have the Splunk_TA_nix installed (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/833/), you can turn on the ps input and that will list all the running processes.

Or you can create your own scripted input to run to collect the specific information that you want.

All depends on exactly what you are looking for. Please provide some more details so a better answer can be provided. Thanks.

0 Karma

surabis

Thanks for reply.. I'm not looking for Particular processor. i want to see server status whether it is up or down. if server goes shout down i want to create a alerts.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...