Deployment Architecture

How splunk create a checksum for each deployment app bundle?

kelz
Explorer

Aside, from how splunk create a checksum for each deployment app bundle. Is there command via linux CLI that you can cross check the same numerical value created for each deployment app bundle? I know we can check it via serverclass.xml on the deployment client side.

ss.PNG

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

kelz
Explorer

Hi @danielcj,

Appreciate your response that configuration is helpful for multiple deployment server setup. But I'm not looking for specific configuration. Something like the md5sum command in Linux to check the file hashes but instead of hashes result I'm looking for a Linux command that would give the result of checksum that Splunk created for each deployment app bundle.

kelz_0-1632288666770.png

0 Karma

danielcj
Communicator

Hello,

To ensure that each app has the same checksum across different Deployment Server you should set the following on the Deployment Server instances:

serverclass.conf

[global]
crossServerChecksum = true

Link to doc: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Serverclassconf

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...