Deployment Architecture

How do I prevent my license master / Deploy Server / Management Console system from having the Indexer and Search Head roles

j4adam
Communicator

I've followed the steps to configure my system to have my DS/LM box to be the Distributed Management Console as well. All of my indexers and search heads are it's search peers as per the guide and I am forwarding and not indexing data on the box following the steps outlined here

When I enabled it as a Distributed Management Console I got two errors for it having too many roles and now it sees itself as an indexer (false), a search head (false) and the license master (true).

How do I make it appear as only as License Master in the roles?

0 Karma
1 Solution

DMohn
Motivator

Open the DMC, go to Settings => General Setup and select Edit => Edit Server Roles for the respective instances. This should make the servers show up with their correct roles.

View solution in original post

DMohn
Motivator

Open the DMC, go to Settings => General Setup and select Edit => Edit Server Roles for the respective instances. This should make the servers show up with their correct roles.

j4adam
Communicator

Ah, there were settings hidden by my resolution. Thanks!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...