Deployment Architecture

How do I find out the disk space usage outside of what the indexes are using on a Linux VM?

bcdatacomm
Explorer

I'm running out of disk space on my Splunk server. The server is dedicated only to splunk and nothing else is installed on it. It's a Linux VM. I'm getting disk space errors, but my indexes don't add up to using all the disk space?

It's a 475GB partition and my indexes are only using 278GB. So how do I tell what's using the other 197 GB of space?

Tags (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bkondakindi
Path Finder

general linux -----du -cbha --time /path it iwll which is consuming more disk space.

if you want looks on VG/LV side
Vgdisplay/lv display

View solution in original post

jodros
Builder

Just something to note, I saw my disk space consumption grow quite large when I moved from 5.x to 6.0. However after upgrading to 6.1.2, the used disk space dropped back to normal. Don't know if this is affecting you, but we had some issues with it until we upgraded.

Thanks

0 Karma

bkondakindi
Path Finder

general linux -----du -cbha --time /path it iwll which is consuming more disk space.

if you want looks on VG/LV side
Vgdisplay/lv display

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...